Well... here it is.
My very first post on my very own blog, concentrating on all the amazingly delicious food that the Northern Virginia area has to offer. Many would say that its been a long time coming, since I am always trying to find a new favorite place to eat, and my cell phone memory constantly runs low due to the immense amount of food pictures I take (called food porn by friends), so I'm taking the leap and hoping for the best!
A little about me- I am of Hispanic heritage, and as many know, food is a big part of our culture. I moved to the Northern Virginia area circa 2009 and have kept most of my exploration to Fairfax and Loudon counties, though I'm hoping to explore other areas soon. I am the kind of person who thoroughly enjoys watching travel shows (such as those hosted by Mr. Bourdain and Mr. Zimmern), and through those shows I learn of foods that I otherwise would have never known existed . Thankfully, I live in an area that is true melting pot of cultures and food. With these shows as examples, I have devised my own "foodventures" in the area. Some can consist of several places you can hit in one day, others can be just about a single location; bottom line is you don't have to dish out a bunch of money for a "food tour" or travel to another city when there are so many places to try in your own backyard!
I will try not to spend too much time "rating" food and places (you can hit up several websites aimed towards that), my main goal is just to talk about my culinary experiences in the area, and hopefully expose people to new food ideas. Will all my food be local? No, I will blog as I travel. If I hit up other cities or states (or counties?) I will let you know how it went. Will all of it be available at restaurants? No, I will blog as I eat (some recipes might be shared!). Again, my foodventures will MAINLY consist of places that you can hit up, but I wont leave the other tasty bits out just because i cant share!
So with all that being said, I hope that anyone who reads this blog leaves hungry and with ideas of a new food or restaurant they would like to try!
Now, down to business...
No comments:
Post a Comment